Craigie On Main seeks a front of house professional to join our team as a Floor Manager.
Craigie on Main, led by James Beard Award-winning chef Tony Maws, is a go-to spot for rustic, local, artisanal, and seasonal cuisine. Our 10-seat bar is known for its dedication to the fine art of cocktail creation, and our award winning burger brings lines to our door every night. We are looking for a floor manager to help us continue to grow and excel.
As floor manager, you will:
- Be responsible for ensuring a smooth shift every night, and a memorable experience for guests
- Handle guest requests, issues, and relations
- Manage staff on and off the floor
- Play a role in scheduling, financials, ordering, restaurant upkeep, community relations
- Be responsible for checking out the staff and closing the restaurant at the end of the night
- Perform most job functions throughout the restaurant as needed
- Work nights, weekends, and some holidays
- Have at least one year of restaurant management or supervisor experience
- Have experience working in an independent, fine dining establishment
- Are highly organized and detail-oriented
- Are quick on your feet, efficient, and a good multi-tasker
- Are a team player and a good communicator
- Are passionate about a service-driven guest experience
- Are eager to learn and grow with an ever changing team and many moving parts
- Have the ability to lift 30 pounds and stand on your feet for hours at a time
- Are Serv Safe Certified
Chef Maws uses only the best and most seasonal ingredients to make a delicious menu that changes daily. The restaurant is family-owned and a staple in the local community. It is an intense but warm place to work that will challenge you and help you grow. Our service and ambience aim to be comfortable and friendly -- like a dinner party at home with close friends.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send us your resume and cover letter.
Craigie on Main is an equal opportunity employer. The position description listed above intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Please inquire for a full-position description.
Your application was submitted successfully.